The world teaches us to be realistic. Well-meaning parents, teachers, doctors, bosses and business experts parrot such phrases as:
- “Now Jim, let’s be realistic about ……”
- “You need to be reasonable about….”
- “Let’s not get our hopes up about…..”
- “You should only expect a reasonable rate of return on….”
Realistic is defined as:
- accurately representing what is natural or real
- based upon what is real rather than on what is wanted or hoped for
- not impractical or visionary
- down to earth; earthy
- rationale; realistic; sensible
Being “realistic” is well engrained in much of our thinking. But there is a way to breakout of and breakthrough stifling realism.
Realistic vs. The Word
Now contrast these worldly definitions of realistic with the Word.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” Ephesians 3:20
“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8
“But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Here is a simple contrast chart to ponder: on which side do you MOST live and work?
|accurately representing the natural or real||accurately representing the supernatural|
|based upon what is real||based upon what is hoped for|
|not impractical or visionary||Impractical and visionary|
|down to earth; earthy||Heavenly sent|
|rationale; realistic; sensible||impossible, unbelievable, irrational|
Frankly, the LAST thing I ever desire to be is realistic…for we are overwhelmed and overrun and over-led by those who are.
I have purposed in my heart that THE LAST THING I ever desire to be is realistic because being “realistic” does NOT:
- Disciple nations
- Heal the sick or raise the dead
- Eliminate systemic world-wide poverty
- Transform the hearts of leaders
- Solve unsolvable problems
- Fund the end-time harvest.
I boldly choose to be UNREALISTIC —- that is, heaven-minded, Kingdom-focused, Spirit-led, marketplace-driven and miracle-believing for the impossible, the impractical, and the supernatural!
As Pastor Bill Winston says in his book, Seeding for the Billion Flow,
“I had to make up my mind that I’m no longer trying to get the world to accept me for I cannot serve two masters.”
I only choose to serve our “dynatos” (all things are possible) God not only in my personal life, but over my marketplace mountain.
How about you? Do you choose to remain worldly realistic or do you dare join me in becoming heavenly unrealistic?
The Kingdom Institute App
We encourage you to download The Kingdom Institute App from your app store to have free mobile & iPad access to:
- Podcasts of key teachings.
- Video links to TKI live teachings.
- Kingdom-focused manuals to better equip you in your marketplace.
- Special information and and announcements that inspire and anoint.